The Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics has always been in the forefront and provides quality patient care, teaching, training and research. The Dept of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics at KVG Dental College offers both graduate and post graduate courses in the specialty Masters in Dental Surgery (MDS) which was started in 1998. It is equipped with state of the art machinery, which includes surgical microscope, facility for bleaching and latest technology for routine procedures. The department has set up its own high standards in patient care, education and research. We specialize in a variety of procedures including endodontic therapy, endodontic retreatment, surgery, treating cracked teeth, and treating dental trauma also various kinds of direct and indirect restorations of individual teeth.We are committed to academic excellence in teaching and research, and strive to be leaders in the specialty. The department has contributed significantly in developing and promoting our specialty and is represented in the national and international conferences. Our motto is…‘excellence in knowledge by hand and mind’…which goes well with the philosophy of our department to develop a friendly environment that fosters personal and professional pride, satisfaction and growth.
|1||Dr. Moksha Nayak||Principal, Professor|
|2||Dr. Krishna Prasad L.||Prof. & HOD|
|3||Dr. Karthik J.||Reader|
|4||Dr. Sandeep R.||Reader|
|5||Dr. Vaishak J Kustagi||Reader|
|6||Dr. Naveenkumar K.||Reader|
|7||Dr. Ramya M.K.||Reader|
|8||Dr. N.K. Prabhakar||Reader|
|9||Dr. Rakesh Rajeevan Nair||Sr. Lecturer|
- 3 clinical sections
- An upgraded and modernized seminar room with LCD Projector and renovated tables and chairs.
- Library with national and international books and journals.
- A preclinical laboratory (on the first floor- right wing)
- A computer section with 3 Computers (Pentium 4) and Computer Table, 17 inches Monitor, Color scanner, Color inkjet printer
- A Room for the faculty
- A Room for the Post Graduate students.
- 53 dental chairs [9 Gnatus chairs, 35 confident dental chairs, 9 electronic confident dental chairs in new P.G clinic]
- Radiovisiography(RVG), Computer
- 2 X-Ray Machines
- Ceramic casting and firing unit (VITA)
- 60 phantom head units (40 Kavo& 20 Confident)
- Bleach light unit
- Light curing devices including LED.
- Apex locators- Formatron 2nd generation Raypex 5th generation
- Electric pulp tester- Digitest
- Gear reduction handpiece with protaper rotary system
- LCD Projector
- OHP projector
- Loops for magnification Advanced materials used in clinical practice: ” Thermafil, Ultrafil, ” Epiphany resin endodontic obturation system, ” Gutta Flow obturation system ” Glass fiber post
|ENCORE IV – PANEL DISCUSSION ON AMALGAM VS COMPOSITE
held on 30th March 2015
|ENCORE V – IRRIGATION & IRRIGATION DEVICES held on 19th January 2016|
|ENCORE VI – “Now everyone can smile” on 28th June 2016|
|ENCORE VII –“Basics of aesthetics and its applications” held on 5th August 2016|
|ENCORE VIII- “Adhesion in restorative dentistry & Introduction to Cention N” held on 28th October 2016|
|ENCORE IX – “Successful Esthetic Restorations” held on 15th December 2016|
|ENCORE X-BASICS OF ESTHETICS AND APPLICATION held on 05-08-2016|
|ENCORE XI-ADHESION IN RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY, INTRODUCTION TO CENTION N held on 28-10-2016|
|ENCORE XII-SUCCESSFUL ESTHETIC RESTORATIONS held on 15-12-2016|
|ENCORE XIII –RECENT ADVANCES IN RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY held on 06-03-2017|