- The K.V.G Dental College and hospital is situated at kurunjibag, sullia, in the midst of greenery of areca gardens and rubber plantations. The river “payaswini” flows very close to campus and adds to the beauty of this education centre. Huge campus of 100 acres is an ideal place for academic pursuit, away from buzz and chaos of the city life. The Dental College is surrounded by number of professional colleges like KVG medical college and Hospital, Nehru Memorial College(Nac A), Engineering College, Polytechnic and highly reputed international public school etc.
- Highly competent and dedicated dental and medical teachers.
- Stable, full time faculty with good clinical and administrative skills
- Departments are headed by eminent and distinguished senior professors with many years of teaching, clinical and research experience.
- Highly disciplined campus, ideal place for learning.
- The management encourages the teachers to attend continuing dental educational programmes & thereby updating the teacher’s skills & knowledge periodically.
- Forums of Continuing educational programmes, workshops and symposiums are held frequently at KVG campus to expose students to recent advances in dentistry.
- A fully functional anti- ragging committee looks into matters pertaining to any incidence of ragging.
- A student- teacher/mentor allotment system is functional in college so that the student gets personal attention/ guidance.
- Parents are continuously kept informed about student’s progress.
- Compulsory vaccination programme for students
- The faculties are provided with in- campus residential quarters.
- Women cell is functional in college
- A total of 309 ultra-modern dental chairs spread over various clinical departments in the four floors of the college building.
- Large number of patients from Sullia & neighboring Puttur, Hassan taluks, neighboring districts of Kodagu ,Kasargod, Kannur of Kerala visit the College for treatments related to various dental diseases.
- Free transport facilities are provided from nearby places by arrangements with NGO associations
- KVG Medical College & Hospital which is within campus provides In-patient services and basic clinical training
- All the treatments are provided to patients free of cost/minimal cost since inception.
- Frequent dental camps are arranged for adequate clinical exposure to students
- Central Library is situated on the top floor of the institution, occupying an area of 5008 sq. mtrs.
- Library is fully equipped with modern tools of learning and is well furnished.
- The library has separate reading room for under graduates, Post graduates and staffs.
- The library has a seating capacity of 350 students at a time.
- The library has all required information in the form of print and electronic formats.
- A collection of more than 3910 books and 62journals (National & International) subscribed per year
- 1708 bound volumes of journals and 99 CD ROMs of books and journals are present.
- The library of our college known for its beautiful interiors.
- It contains back volumes of journal two decade old.
- All the PG departments have departmental library, which has round the clock access to PG students.
- Book bank facility available
- Audio-visual room and rest rooms separate for boys and girls are available.
- A calm and peaceful ambience always maintained.
- Library Timings: Week days : 9 AM to 10 PM
Sundays & Holidays : 9 AM to 5 PM
E- library/ Internet section:
- The E-library with high speed internet connection help to access the HELINET; a consortium of E-books A & E-journals provided by RGUHS, Bangalore.
- Internet section consisting of 20 computers, attached to main library, with round the clock internet access, for the use of students and staffs.
- The institute offers excellent residential accommodation for the students.The salient features of hostels:
- Separate boys & girls hostels within campus
- Spacious rooms with attached bath rooms.
- Spacious dining halls with kitchens
- Recreational room with TV, Indoor games etc.
- Round the clock securities to hostels are provided.
- KVG Gold medal given to class toppers every year
- IDA-COLGATE scholarships to students distributed
- Various Scholarships of Director of social Welfare, Minority, SC/ST, Merit cum Mean, Muslim girls and Wenlock district hospital distributed every year.
- Indian Dental Association Sullia: in association with IDA sullia Branch College conducts regular CDE programme, teachers training programme and school dental health programme.
- NSS,Redcross and Women cell unit are active and functional in college