The KVG Dental college & hospital, Kurunjibag, Sullia was established in the year 1991. The first batch of 40 students celebrated their graduation on august1996 and began their carrier as dental professionals. The college was recognized by DCI and RGUHS with 100 admissions in the year 2001 and currently runs post graduate courses in 9 specialties. The college has progressed leaps and bounds in keeping quality dental education imbibed with proficiency and human value. This emporium has reached its zenith with completion of two decades in dental education.
The under graduate and postgraduate teaching programme are supported by an outstanding infrastructure which includes state of art, esthetically designed individual departments and well stocked library with lively shape and outlook.
The highly qualified faculties with rich experience of clinical and administrative skills are backbone for this esteemed institution. The management and faculty not only guide the students in dental education but also strive to develop student’s extracurricular activities and talents with sound morals, value.
Goals and Objectives
- To recruit and retain qualified professionals to impart quality dental education
- To focus on overall development of students in curricular and co- curricular activities to prepare them for future challenges.
- Enrichment and enhancement of active learning environment for the students.
- To achieve excellence in dental education and to be at par with international standards.
- To embrace civic responsibilities and develop empathy towards society and rural population.
- To develop the professional competence to meet global challenges.
- To develop a sense of responsibility, integrity and fairness among students and faculty.
- To train the student to bridge the gap between dentistry and society.
Perspective plans of the Institution
- Teaching and learning
There are plans to incorporate Problem Based Learning to reasonable extent into the regular teaching learning process and the teaching and learning process will be more inclined to student centered learning. The Instituion has already taken steps to progress towards ICT based learning.
- Community engagement / outreach activities
The Institution conducts various community engagement / outreach activities and the same will be continued in the future.
- Human resource planning and development
Considerable number of faculty is alumni of the Institution. Faculty is encouraged to pursue higher education and attend enrichment courses to develop themselves.
- Industry interaction
KVG Engineering College which is a unit of AOLE® has collaborated with numerous industries and constitutes a research center too. Hence, the Institution is planning to collaborate with the same for material based research. There are plans of bringing some projects to the Institution in collaboration with few industries, especially related to dental health care, so that the students and faculty members will also get exposed to and be involved in more productive researches for betterment of the society. The Institution is also planning to encourage industries to develop more economical and quality equipments and materials made in India. Few education programs are sponsored by the industry and several material based researches have been carried out which needed interaction with concerned industry and will be continued in the future.
The Institution is already in the process of renovating and enriching the departments along with the library to update and improvise. There is provision to attain latest equipments and materials to meet international standards. Many of the graduates from KVG Dental College & Hospital are serving all around the world, either in academics or in health service.