Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a branch of surgery to correct a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region. It is a recognized international surgical specialty and it is one of the nine specialties of dentistry.
- Separate operatories for undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Fully equipped Minor Oral surgical clinic .
- Sophisticated Operation Theatre in medical college.
- 20 bedded in -patient ward dedicated to oral and maxillofacial surgery patients with trained Paramedical / Nursing staff in KVG Medical College.
- Computerized patient record.
- Seminar Room with sophisticated equipments.
- Broad band internet facility.
- Separate departmental library.
- GSR INSTITUTE OF CRANIOFACIAL SURGERY (AFFILIATED TO CLEFT CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL, SWITZERLAND) SAIDABAD, HYDRABAD.
- REGIONAL CANCER CENTRE A CENTRAL GOVERNMENT AND WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION JOINT VENTURE TRIVANDRAM MEDICAL COLLEGE CAMPUS
- NIMHANS(National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences) Bangalore.
- FATHER MULLER MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL
- KVG MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, SULLIA.
Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery secured the1st prize in Dental health exhibition in 2013.
ON THE OCCASION OF DPL 2017 DEPT.OF ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY WON FIRST PRIZE IN TEAM VEDIO MAKING COMPETITION
DR. VAIBHAV JAIN AND DR.ROMIT AGARAWAL from Department of OMFS,K.V.G SULLIA Bagged 1st prize
DR. MIMANSA BHOJ, RUGHS GOLD MEDALLIST BATCH 2012-2015
DR. TUSHAR RATHI, RUGHS RANK 6TH 2011-2014
DR. SUMANTH UNAKALKAR, RUGHS RANK 7TH 2011-2014
DR. KRITANT BHUSHAN, RUGHS RANK 7TH 2009-2012
Department of Pedodontics K.V.G Dental College and Hospital organized a Movie making completion regarding the “Inception of K.V.G.D.C” DEPARTMENT OF OMFS Secured the 1st PRIZE
Dr. Ramaraj P N is heading the department since September 2015.Under his able guidance the department has flourished in various arenas like academics challenging clinical scenarios and personality developing extracurricular activities.
Owing to the efforts and clairvoyance of Dr.Ramaraj P.N.and coguidance from the Dept of periodontics and dept of prosthodontics, a very welcome addition has been made in the curriculum, in the form of a 3 module certificate course on Dental Implantology in association with Nobel Biocare.
2016 was a special year for K.V.G.Dental college and hospital in general and the Dept. of oral & maxillofacial surgery in particular. It marked 25 years of spreading knowledge and enlightening young minds. To celebrate this milestone, a myriad of workshops and CDEs were conducted across the year, which concentrated on creating skilled, bright and competitive clinicians.
- Photoraphy in dentistry
- Orofacial infection
- Oral biopsy
- Dental implants
- cde conducted on minor oral surgical procedures and celebration of plant a stapling
- hands on workshop on BSL
- Blood donation campaign
- Duognathics-Live surgical demonstration on Bimaxillary Osteotomy
- Hair raising experience : Lecture and Live demonstration of hair transplant procedure.
|Pre operative view of scalp||Donor site||Infiltration of local anesthesia to the donor site|
|Extraction of hair follicle from the donor site||Arrangement of hair follicles for transplantation||Post operative view of scalp after transplantation|
|Duognathics-Live surgical workshop on Bimaxillary Osteotomy|
|Pre-Op Profile View||Corrective surgical Procedure of Bimaxillary Osteotomy||BSSO|
|BSSO||Le-Forte I osteotomy||Alar base sinching|
|Genioplasty||Live telecast of Surgical procedure||Post operative Profile view|
CDE Programme Conducted by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery on 18-06-19Basic life support -5 and Systemic administration of drugs A two day workshop held on 18th and 19th June 2019 in association with Resuscitation cell , KSHEMA, Mangalore and Department of Anesthesiology, KVG Medical College and Hospital, Sullia We are proud of the fact that our commitment towards training our interns and post graduate students in life saving skills entered 5th year
- MINOR ORAL SURGERIES
- CYST ENUCLEATION
- PRE-PROSTHETIC SURGERY
- MAJOR SURGERIES
- TRAUMA SURGERY- Management of facial injuries
- ORTHOGNATHIC SURGIES-Correction of facial deformaties
- TMJ SURGERIES
- SURGICAL EXCISION OF PATHOLOGIES
- ORAL CANCER SURGERY
- CLEFT LIP AND PALATE SURGERIES