The department of Pedodontics and preventive dentistry is one of the attractions of our institution with world class ambience and abides with the national and international accreditation standards.
PEDODONTICS is an age specific speciality which encompasses a variety of disciplines, techniques, procedures and skills that logically share a common basis with other specialties, bu are modified, transformed and adapted to the special needs of children and adolescence and those with special health care needs.
Spanning of all fields of specialties coming under Pedodontics amplified by the simple core purpose of comprehensive learning to challenge conventional thinking and innovatively use all resources to drive positive change in the mind set of budding Pedodontist.
|Professor & H.O.D||Dr. Savitha Sathyaprasad||B.D.S, M.D.S|
|Professor||Dr. Havaldar Krishna Moorthy Shankar||B.D.S, M.D.S|
|Reader||Dr. B Satish||B.D.S, M.D.S|
|Reader||Dr. Raghavendra P.||B.D.S, M.D.S|
|Senior Lecturer||Dr. Keerthan K.||B.D.S, M.D.S|
|Senior Lecturer||Dr. Revathi M||B.D.S, M.D.S|
|Senior Lecturer||Dr. Allwin Antony Thottathi||B.D.S, M.D.S|
- Our department has got separate under-graduate and post-graduate sections
- A conscious sedation unit
- A well maintained sterilization room with specification on waste disposal system
- Separate labs for postgraduates and undergraduates
- A well equipped seminar room
- A well resourced library
- Minor operatory/isolation room
- X-ray room
- A computer/patient education room with broadband internet facility
- Beautifully planned children play area
- Our department has conjoined hands with various schools in and around Sullia, and we conduct various school dental health education programmes and treatment camps in these schools.
- Dental treatment to children is also delivered at satellite dental clinic, Bellare.
- Treatment is also provided at the dental unit affiliated to Govt. Hospital Sullia.
- Several schools are adopted and dental treatment delivered either in school by mobile dental unit or in the department.
- reatments under general anesthesia are done in K.V.G Medical College O.T
Our department is actively and regularly conducting CDE programme and oral health awareness programme.
A comprehensive learning programme under the banner of PEDOCONSCIENTIA was conceptualized by Dr. Savitha Sathyaprasad, Head of the Department, and is been successfully conducted with eminent speakers from different parts of the country deliberating on various topics on the latest innovations in the field of Pedodontics.
- Our department deals with patients in formative years exhibiting rapid growth and development and hence we diagnose, intercept and treat oral diseases in the initial stage and assure complete oral health and indirectly total general health.
- Pediatric dentist are in excellent position to understand the need of special child, including medically, physically and mentally handicapped and extent their services to them.
- We also share an important responsibility in the overall management of cleft lip and palate patients.
- The department of Pediatric dentistry is been active over two decades in providing comprehensive oral health care to children in and around Sullia taluk, neighboring taluks, and also Kasargod and surrounding parts of Kerala.
- Our department is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Department is gifted with highly dedicated, experienced teaching staff and academicians and efficient c1inicians headed by Prof. Dr.Savitha Sathyaprasad.