Periodontics is a branch of clinical dentistry to treat wide spectrum of periodontal diseases, cosmetic correction and smile designing. It is a recognized international surgical specialty and it s one of the nine specialties of dentistry.
|Dr. M.M .Dayakar||MDS||Professor and HOD|
|Dr. George Philip||MDS||Professor|
|Dr. Prakash Pai.G||MDS||Professor|
|Dr. Shivananda H||MDS||Reader|
The department is serving the needs of Sullia, neighboring taluks, the District of Coorg as well as Kasargaod & surrounding parts of Kerala.
- Free treatment for needy patients.
- Treatment ranging from simple scaling to major mucogingival surgeries including bone grafts as well as cosmetic correction & smile designing is free of charge for patients.
- Oral hygiene promotion is delivered to every patient visiting the department.
Presently the department affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. Dr Dayakar M M is heading the department since 2000. The department has undergone major renovations in the infrastructure in 2010. The number of post graduate intake is 3 with the permission of RGUHS & DCI.
- CDE ON ‘CLINICAL PERIODONTOLOFY-PROBING THE FUTURE’ HELD ON 6TH APRIL 2010.
- CDE ON “RESEARCH METHODOLOGY”HELD ON 7TH APRIL 2011 IN KVG DENTAL COLLEGE AUDITORIUM. FACULTY: MR KOTIAN S.
- CDE ON ‘PERIODONTAL MANAGEMENT OF BROKEN TOOTH’ IN ASSOCIATION WITH IDA BRANCH SULLIA HELD ON 28TH FEBRUARY 2012. FACULTY: DR. DAYAKAR M M
- CDE ON “PERIODONTAL MICROBIOLOGY”HELD ON OCTOBER 1 2012 IN KVG DENTAL COLLEGE AUDITORIUM.
|Evidence base plaque control and surgical periodontics|
|Pro perio III – Laser in dentistry – Hands on course|
|Insurance- claim for a better future|
|Pop show- Perio Esthetics|
|Innovative clinical periodontics|
|Periodontics beyond prophylaxis|